- Pencil : Mechanical pencil 0.5mm (HB,2B & 4B) , Artline drawing pencil.
- Paper : Cartridge drawing sheet (Thickness : 140 gsm, Texture : medium Surface, Color : Ievry white).
- Eraser : Ordinary eraser, Mechanical eraser, Tombow monozero eraser.
- Blending tool : Soft brush, cotton/tissue paper.
Steps for hair drawing –
1. Draw the outlines of reference hairs, here i’m using free hand technique for outlining. observe the reference and draw carefully using 2H or HB pencil with soft hand
2. Provide first layer of SHADING using HB mechanical pencil/drawing pencil and lightly apply soft brush for blending.
3. After blending of first layer we will move forward to second layer which will be darker than first layer, for this we will use darker grade pencil e.g 2B , 4B , after applying the second layer again lightly apply soft brush for blending.
4. According to reference, we will provide highlights using tombow mechanical pencil very carefully and blend with soft brush.
5. Provide final layer using 8B, 10B pencil or black pencil, Apply darkest shade where it needed and finally make final highlights using tombow monozero eraser.
6. Now to make size portion of hair we will follow same procedure.
Hey! This tutorials now comes with a video! if you haven’t watched it yet, click here to watch full video tutorial ,This video is very detailed can contains many additional steps, examples and techniques: